Friday, June 18, 2010

This last week...

This last week had some plans but as we all know, the best laid plans of mice and men...

I had originally planned on creating a few new pieces for my store. I'm experimenting with clips and pins, as well as finishing up some headbands. I also recently purchased some lace I'm excited to play around with. There was an aquarium trip planned, and the beach...

but Monday I got a phone call from my mom. I heard the word "ER" and knew I had to see her. I drove to the hospital and got there before the ambulance. It broke my heart to see her in such agony. Between the bleeding that wouldn't stop and the pain she was in, she quickly went from emergency patient to admit to the hospital. The next day was a serious of tests and large amounts of pain medications, all of which resulted in a prognosis: CANCER. She immediately went into surgery and they took out what they could. Wednesday was recovery and blood transfusions, she had lost so much and was very weak. I took her back to her home when it was over. Thursday I realized I hadn't slept in my bed for a week (just those hospital chairs) and was glad to go home and shower. The next several weeks will be full of chemo visits, my day job, and my kids. Oh yeah. And my Etsy store.

I feel like superwoman (if she was dependent and naps and tea, that is). I never did get those Etsy pieces done... good thing I still have the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment